Last week, our oven died, so while it was down and we were trying to deal with the boredom that came with the loneliness of a broken down oven. So we started looking for microwavable desserts! We had a really hard time because most of the minute settings for the microwaves were made for different types of microwaves instead of the one we have. But we came through! with wonderfull Nutella Souffle, that only need to be baked for 2 minutes!!
Chocolate Nutella 2 minute microwave cakes
Adapted from: Ichigo Shortcake
Makes 4 ramekins
• 1/2 cup plain flour
• 8 tbsp powdered sugar
• 4 tbsp cocoa powder
• 2 eggs
• 5 tbsp melted butter
• 3 tbsp semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
• 2 tbsp Nutella
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Pinch of salt
1. Place all the ingredients in a medium to large whisking bowl and whisk on medium until all mixed through. You can also attempt this using a spoon and your hands, but it’s a lot harder to do this way.
2. Fill 4 ramekins or mugs with batter (to about less than half full).
3. Microwave on high for roughly 2 minutes each or until puffy, keeping a close eye on them as different microwaves have varying strengths.
4. Serve immediately with a scoop of ice cream or cream on top.
TIPS: WE STILL FOUND 2 MINUTES ON HIGH MADE OUR SOUFFLE DRY, SO WE ONLY MICROWAVED FOR 1 MINUTE AND A HALF! But adjust time by seconds depending on the intensity of your microwave.