October is a month for celebrating Halloween (don’t worry, Halloween themed tutorials coming soon), but also October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Our grandmother is a cancer survivor twice, she survived breast cancer & lung cancer, and is today alive and healthy. And to make sure this month doesn’t go by unnoticed we are honoring her and everyone who has struggled with cancer with these cookies.
These Cookies are delicious, and even more delicious than they look! Also they make a great present to anyone who has battled this disease and those close to someone a cancer survivor.
Handcrafted Boxes, By Frost Your Life
You will need:
Yields: 30 cookies
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup pink and white sprinkles
- 30 Hershey’s milk chocolate kisses
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on medium-high speed for 30 seconds.
3. Add sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
4. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
5. Beat in the flour.
6. Your dough should be at ball-rolling consistency at this point. If it’s not, let it chill in the refrigerator for a while to firm up for 15 minutes. Depending on the intensity of your fridge.
7. Once easily handled, roll dough into 1-inch balls.
8. Roll balls in sprinkles to coat.
9. Place balls 2 inches apart on your lined cookie sheets, and, using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
10. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are firm. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into each cookie’s center. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.